This scholarship, in honor of Professor Ned Eckhardt, recognizes the academic achievements of a student who exhibits exceptional skills in video production, including documentaries, episodic television, music based work, journalistic works, narrative stories, and new media video.
One scholarship will be given per academic year.
Requirements for Application
- Students must be RTF majors with a production specialization
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or above
- Full-time matriculated status in the academic year for which application is being submitted
- Junior or senior status in the academic year for which application is being submitted
Process of Application
Applications should be submitted via email to Diana Nicolae (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the subject line “Ned Eckhardt Scholarship Application.” The annual application period is December 1st through February 1st. Please submit the following materials.
- Current resume, highlighting academic and creative accomplishments
- A short portfolio of applicants video/film work. Work may have been produced in a class, for a club, or independently. Links to projects are preferred
- A 1-2 page statement of why video production and storytelling are important to the candidate
- Interviews with finalists will also be scheduled